Issues for therapy
"A better understanding and awareness of yourself can help you make active choices about how you want to live your life."
Life can sometimes seem very complicated, and while we may be surrounded by many different ways to communicate, we can still at times feel on our own with the things that worry us. At different stages in life we all experience dilemmas or emotional difficulties that we feel unable to tackle by ourselves. In many instances family and friends may be able to help. There are times however, when we want to have a more objective and professional view of what is occurring. This is when therapy can be particularly useful.
People using therapy bring a wide variety of issues and emotional dilemmas. It might be because of things that occurred in the past or about uncertainties in the future. There is no right or wrong type of problem.
Some of the types of issues that people have found therapy helpful for are:
- Resolving difficulties with relationships or family concerns
- Learning to deal with stressful situations
- Overcoming childhood issues or distressing past life events
- Dealing with anxiety and depression
- Making sense of a lack of motivation or despair
- Overcoming feelings of worthlessness or low self esteem
- Dealing with traumatic events
- Finding ways of coping with issues around fertility or parenthood
- Supporting you through life changing events or work difficulties
- Gaining a sense of purpose or belonging
- Enhancing self awareness and building self esteem
- To build confidence and achieve your potential