Work and career issuesWork and career can play a fundamentally important role in our lives. They can provide us with a sense of our own realised ambitions or of our achievements. At times however, work can feel like a burden that is weighing us down and stopping us feeling contentented. The key is to find a balance between the external demands placed on us, and our internal need for satisfaction and fulfilment. Excessive demands, and complex motivations left unchecked can adversely affect many aspects of life including our relationships.
Benefits of Therapy for Work and Career Issues
Therapy provides a neutral space to think about what truly motivates and satisfies you, and, whether you are currently addressing these needs. The therapist will assist you in looking at the bigger picture and support you in attaining a healthy balance between the different competing needs in your life. By identifying any imbalances or negative patterns of behaviour, you have the chance to appraise your situation and to think about how you can regain a sense of purposefulness or direction in your life.
Benefits of Therapy for Work and Career may include:
- A regaining of purpose and motivation
- A stronger sense of your own ability to adapt and change
- Assertiveness techniques for achieving your goals
- More satisfying relationships
- A deeper sense of your values and core beliefs
- Feeling that everything is getting on top of you
- Not being able to switch off
- Lack of motivation or interest
- Arguments and tension
- Feeling volatile or very low
- Excessive use of alcohol, drugs or sex to relieve stress
- Disturbed sleep