Relationship issuesRelationships are at the centre of all our lives. Whether they are with family, friends or colleagues, relationships are the main way we feel a part of the world and communicate who we are. Having a good relationship can be a joy, but when they are not going well we can be left with a range of feelings that include: a sense of loss, isolation, rejection, anger, confusion, upset, frustration, disappointment, and hopelessness. It can be difficult to understand why we cannot find a sense of fulfilment in our relationships, or why we keep repeating the same unsatisfying patterns.
Therapy for Relationships
Relationship Therapy can take place as a couple or individually. In Relationship Therapy you have an opportunity clarify what may be going on and what could be getting in the way of feeling satisfied. In examining your thoughts, feelings and behaviours you can gain insight and have the chance to think about the communication patterns that have become established. Relationships therapy can offer an impartial, safe space to explore the causes and effects of our behaviour with others, and, the impact that they also have on us.
Benefits of Therapy for Relationships may include:
- Increased understanding of what works for you and how to apply this to your relationships.
- Establishing the ability to communicate more effectively and to have your needs met.
- An awareness of your expectations and desires.
- Developing a deeper sense of the communication patterns that you have adopted.
- Learning about your attachment pattern and how this affects your relationships.
- Repeated patterns of unhealthy relationships.
- Parenting, fertility and childcare Issues.
- Commitment issues.
- Difficulties making healthy attachments.
- Arguments and discontent.
- Pre-Marital Counselling.
- Divorce or break-up
- Anger or jealousy